Protect your computer with a password
Follow the procedure –
Protect your computer with a password –
Protect your computer from hackers and other unwanted users by using a strong password.
This is most important step for using Windows 7/Windows XP/Windows 8. Nobody can use your computer without a password.
- Click on start and go to control panel.
2. Click on Select User Accounts.
3. Click on Create a password for your account.
4. Now set a password and Confirm new password.
5. Your password must be strong. your password must have a alphabetic character, a numeric character and a special character.
6. Type a password hint if you want.
Instructions to Password Protect Your Computer in Windows XP –
- Click the Start button.
- Select the Control Panel menu item.
- After the Control Panel window opens, select the User Accounts link.
- Make sure to password protect all of your computer user accounts — especially the Administrator accounts.
- Under User Accounts, click the name of a user who is not password protected.
- Select the Create a Password option.
- Click the text box below Type a new password: and type your password. Then in the box below, re-type the password to confirm, and then below that, type a password hint to help you remember.
- Click the text box below Create Password button.
- Repeat this process for all your computer’s user accounts.