How to Hide Files Behind an Image
We all have secret files that we don’t want anyone to look at. Most common way of hiding important files was either creating a folder inside a folder or some people change the folder type to hidden. But both of these ways are not safe and anyone with little intelligent can easily find the folder you wish to hide. Today I will show you how you can store a folder inside an image so that whoever wants to find your folder will have a really hard time finding it. Here’s How to Hide Files Behind an Image.
To do this a basic knowledge of command prompt is sufficient. Even if you don’t have it, I will make sure the path is easy for you to follow.
- First select an image beneath which you will hide the file you want.
- Now select the file you wish to hide and convert into .RAR formattd file using winRAR.
- Paste both of these files on the desktop.
- Now press windows key + ‘R’ and then enter cmd. cd desktop
- CDstands for change directory.By typing the above mentioned command you redirect the directory to desktop.
Copy /b name.jpg + filename.rar image.jpg
- Replacejpg with the name of image you want your file to be hidden behind. Don’t forget to add image format like .jpg,.png,.gif etc.
- Replacefilename with the file of your choose that you choose to hide. It must be in .rar format.
- Finally Replacejpgwith the name of the final image with files inside.
- The newly created image just looks like an image from all sides. You need to follow the following steps to extract files from images.
Accessing the Hidden File ?
To extract the file out of the image, you should open the image in winrar, which can be done in either of these ways.
- Open winrar
- Now locate your image and open it or simply drag your image in winrar.
- Extract the file and done.